EnviroCom Australia has been developing, implementing and evaluating environmental education programs for industry, Local and State Governments since 1998.
EnviroCom has extensive experience in tailoring education programs to meet the needs of the client, targeting specified demographics with contemporary curriculum and resources.
Here are just a few examples of the kind of education services EnviroCom provide:
- Design and delivery of environmental education programs for schools and communities
- Design and staffing of mobile education facilities
- Coordination of special events
- Development of educational and promotional materials
- Design and development of state and regional education packages and programs
- Development of localised curriculum materials
- Program evaluation – community surveys, street intercepts, behavioural observations
- Outreach programs
- Content development, coordination and delivery of community workshops.
- Development and delivery of guided facility tours for both school and community groups
Clean Up Our Game
- Shire of Nillumbik; City of Darebin; City of Whittlesea
The Shire of Nillumbik and the Cities of Darebin and Whittlesea have undertaken a regional public place recycling program at Northern Football League football grounds. Their ‘Clean Up Our Game’ project involved the installation of infrastructure, signage and recycling bins in addition to waste education. EnviroCom was employed to evaluate the effectiveness of the project and to inform future actions. Preliminary waste audits in eight sporting grounds indicated the potential of the project to divert a significant percentage of recyclables from landfill. After three months a secondary waste audit showed all grounds to have improved in corrected diversion and resource recovery rates, with resource recovery increasing by 19.19% by weight and 24.18% by volume. This is a highly pleasing result and through strategies such as positioning waste and recycling bins in pairs, and with reinforced education the ‘Clean Up Our Game’ project is expected to continue to improve recovery.