EnviroCom Australia has been developing, implementing and evaluating environmental education programs for industry, Local and State Governments since 1998.
EnviroCom has extensive experience in tailoring education programs to meet the needs of the client, targeting specified demographics with contemporary curriculum and resources.
Here are just a few examples of the kind of education services EnviroCom provide:
- Design and delivery of environmental education programs for schools and communities
- Design and staffing of mobile education facilities
- Coordination of special events
- Development of educational and promotional materials
- Design and development of state and regional education packages and programs
- Development of localised curriculum materials
- Program evaluation – community surveys, street intercepts, behavioural observations
- Outreach programs
- Content development, coordination and delivery of community workshops.
- Development and delivery of guided facility tours for both school and community groups
Porchetta Day Festival 15/1/2016
- Gunnedah Shire Council
Gunnedah’s ‘Porchetta Day Festival’ is a busy community event with a focus on local food, produce and all things Italian.
2015 was the Festival’s seventh year and so was the perfect candidate for introducing Public Place Recycling – to increase resource recovery on the day. In partnership with Council, EnviroCom advised with regards to education material, bin positioning on the day, flyers and signage – all with a focus on reducing the amount of waste generated for disposal at landfill and maximising the use of onsite recycling bins.
Throughout the event EnviroCom hosted a recycling education stall on behalf of Council – handing out educational flyers and prizes to individuals who were spotted doing the right thing and recycling correctly. Resident surveys were also completed at the stall, with the community supportive of Public Place Recycling at events. A visual inspection of recycling and waste bins was also conducted on the day, to assess the contamination found within the recycling stream and estimate the quantity of resource loss in the waste stream. Overall the implementation of the program was a success with visual audits showing low levels of contamination in the recycling bins as well as minimum resource loss found within the residual waste bins.