EnviroCom Australia has been developing, implementing and evaluating environmental education programs for industry, Local and State Governments since 1998.
EnviroCom has extensive experience in tailoring education programs to meet the needs of the client, targeting specified demographics with contemporary curriculum and resources.
Here are just a few examples of the kind of education services EnviroCom provide:
- Design and delivery of environmental education programs for schools and communities
- Design and staffing of mobile education facilities
- Coordination of special events
- Development of educational and promotional materials
- Design and development of state and regional education packages and programs
- Development of localised curriculum materials
- Program evaluation – community surveys, street intercepts, behavioural observations
- Outreach programs
- Content development, coordination and delivery of community workshops.
- Development and delivery of guided facility tours for both school and community groups
Understanding Waste Disposal in Multi-Unit Dwellings
Client: City of Logan
Between October 2014 and June 2015, EnviroCom Australia undertook a pilot program to assess and improve recycling practices in Multi-Unit Dwellings within Logan City, Queensland.
This study was the first of its kind for Logan City, its aim being to better understand the performance and behaviour of residents accessing shared waste services within Multi-Unit developments.
This project effectively mapped the change in residents’ disposal behaviours, through time in response to targeted education programs aimed at reducing recycling contamination and resource loss.
As the construction of high density developments continues to rapidly increase nationwide, studies such as this can provide Councils and businesses with valuable insights into the system performance, role of education and policy as well as planning requirements for these shared residential waste service arrangements.