EnviroCom Australia has been developing, implementing and evaluating environmental education programs for industry, Local and State Governments since 1998.
EnviroCom has extensive experience in tailoring education programs to meet the needs of the client, targeting specified demographics with contemporary curriculum and resources.
Here are just a few examples of the kind of education services EnviroCom provide:
- Design and delivery of environmental education programs for schools and communities
- Design and staffing of mobile education facilities
- Coordination of special events
- Development of educational and promotional materials
- Design and development of state and regional education packages and programs
- Development of localised curriculum materials
- Program evaluation – community surveys, street intercepts, behavioural observations
- Outreach programs
- Content development, coordination and delivery of community workshops.
- Development and delivery of guided facility tours for both school and community groups
Clean Up Australia Day 2013 and EnviroCom – A Proud Partnership
For the past 8 years EnviroCom has proudly coordinated Clean Up Australia Day events for the Sunshine Coast Council. This has included:
• Networking with community groups,
• Schools and businesses to raise awareness of the event,
• Coordinating media and promotion of the registered sites,
• Coordinating various waste collection contractors to provide waste collection for the event and
• Collating data for Council at the conclusion of the event.
EnviroCom has assisted Council to utilise the event to not only raise awareness of illegal dumping and resource loss, but to also instil pride in the community to protect their local environment. In 2010, the Sunshine Coast Council won the Clean Up Australia Day Local Council Award and in 2012 Caloundra won the Keep Australia Beautiful Australia’s Tidiest Town Award.