EnviroCom Australia undertakes research and technical data collection for a wide range of government and private sector clients. Methodologies are developed specifically for each project to reflect the client’s needs.
Research collection projects include:
- Corporate sustainability auditing (water, energy, waste)
- Domestic mobile garbage bin audits (garbage, recycling and organic)
- Landfill and transfer station audits
- Landfill assessments
- Site specific audits
- Materials recovery facility waste stream audits
- Commercial and industrial waste assessments
- Community waste assessments
- Community attitude and knowledge surveys
- Inspection programs
- Desktop research
- Compliance and legislative auditing
- Behavioural observations
- Waste Management Plans and Strategies
- Education program evaluation and review
National Litter Education Audit
Client: Healthy Waterways
EnviroCom Australia, in partnership with Healthy Waterways, undertook a desktop audit of litter education resources and programs in circulation throughout Australia. The audit was the first phase in the development of a coordinated litter education strategy for Queensland schools, issued by the Department of Environment and Heritage Protection.
An online survey tool, web research and resource review processes were used to identify and map the resources and programs, determine their alignment with the Australian Curriculum and identify the predominant litter messages and topics addressed. A total of 92 litter education items were identified from various national, state and local agency/organisational levels.
Five key recommendations arose from the audit findings and formed the basis of a quality criteria framework that will inform the future development of resources and initiatives to support litter and illegal dumping education in Queensland schools.