EnviroCom Australia has been developing, implementing and evaluating environmental education programs for industry, Local and State Governments since 1998.
EnviroCom has extensive experience in tailoring education programs to meet the needs of the client, targeting specified demographics with contemporary curriculum and resources.
Here are just a few examples of the kind of education services EnviroCom provide:
- Design and delivery of environmental education programs for schools and communities
- Design and staffing of mobile education facilities
- Coordination of special events
- Development of educational and promotional materials
- Design and development of state and regional education packages and programs
- Development of localised curriculum materials
- Program evaluation – community surveys, street intercepts, behavioural observations
- Outreach programs
- Content development, coordination and delivery of community workshops.
- Development and delivery of guided facility tours for both school and community groups
- Social media packages including graphics and animated videos
Recycle Now Kensington
- City of Melbourne
Following on from the success of the MWRRG grant-funded project Recycle Now! The City of Melbourne and EnviroCom delivered a recycling program for the Kensington estate. The Kensington Estate includes a mix of private and public housing dwellings, managed by Urban Communities on behalf of the Department of Health and Human Services.
New recycling bins and signage were installed at three high rise towers at the estate, with the aim of increasing recycling and encouraging residents to use the new infrastructure, instead of throwing their recycling into the garbage chute. Residents also received resources to assist them in carrying their recycling to the new bins.
Recycle Now Kensington engaged over 500 residents of the Kensington Estate community through foyer stalls, community presentations, incursions at the local primary school and attendance at a community festival.
The key to success of this Recycle Now program was the collaboration between different stakeholders, which ensured that a variety of residents were reached; from families with young children, CALD groups and elderly residents. This was achieved through attendance at different community events and group meetings and by selecting the appropriate time of day to reach the maximum number of residents for each building.